How to select all (table, figure and equation) captions in word?
A caption is a numbered label that you have added to a figure, a table, an equation, or another object. Sometimes we need to select all (table, figure and equation) captions in order to edit or unify all captions' style together. If you are interested in how to select all captions, take a few minutes to read this tutorial.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Normally, we don’t have any simple methods to select all (table, figure and equation) captions, we have to select them manually. However, it is painful and tedious if the number of caption is more than several dozens.
Step 1: select a caption
Step 2: hold ctrl to select other captions one by one
Kutools for Word is a quite handy way in selecting all (table, figure and equation) captions from the whole document. You do not need to press the ctrl key to select the caption one by one .With Kutools for Word’s Select Caption Paragraphs utility, you can select all kinds of captions quickly and comfortably.
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Enterprise > Select > Select Table Caption Paragraphs. Take table caption for instance. See screenshot:
2. After clicking Select Table Caption Paragraphs, you can see all table captions in the whole document are selected.
Note: Besides Table Captions, you can also select Figure Captions and Equation Caption from the whole document. And beyond that, it can not only select caption from the whole document, but also can select captions from the selected part of the document
For more detailed information about Select Captions of Kutools for Word, please visit: Select Captions feature description
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders in to one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading 1, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...