How to open file location of current document in word?
How can we quickly open or access the file location where the current document stays in within Microsoft Word? In this article, we are talking about how we can quickly access the file location of current document directly in Microsoft Word application.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Alternatively, you can open file location of current document with VBA.
Step 1: Press Alt+F11 to open the VBA window in Word;
Step 2: Click Module in Insert tab, and insert the VBA code into Module window;
Step 3: Click Run button to apply the VBA code (or press F5);
The VBA code to open file location of current document:
Shell Environ ("windir") & "\Explorer.exe " & ActiveDocument.Path, vbMaximizedFocus
Kutools for Word’s Open Current Document Folder utility will help you open file location of current document with one click.
1. Click Kutools > More > Open Current Document Location. see screenshot:
2. Then the current document location will be opened.
For more detailed information about Open Current Document Folder of Kutools for Word, please visit: Open Current Document Folder description.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders in to one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading 1, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...