Open Inbox Folder
After adding email accounts in Outlook, you can receive, read, and send emails via Outlook. By default, incoming email will arrive in the Inbox folder. In general, the Inbox folder opens automatically when you launch Outlook. However, the Inbox does not open in some circumstances. This tutorial will show you how to open the Inbox folder in Outlook.
Note: This tutorial is introduced based on exchange account in Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And it may vary significantly or slightly depending on the types of email accounts (Exchange, IMAP or POP), the versions of Microsoft Outlook, and Windows environments.
After launching Outlook, you can easily open the Inbox folder from the Folder Pane.
Just click Inbox on the Folder Pane to open it.
(1) If the Folder Pane is turned off or minimized, please click View > Folder Pane > Normal to display the Folder Pane normally.
(2) If you have added multiple email accounts in Outlook, there will be multiple Inbox folders on the Folder Pane. Click a certain Inbox will open the Inbox folder of corresponding email account.
If the Inbox folder does not open automatically when launching Outlook, you can change the Outlook options and force opening the Inbox folder automatically.
1. Click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog, please click Advanced in the left bar, and then click the Browse button in the Outlook start and exit section.
3. In the Select Folder dialog, please click to select the specified Inbox you need to open automatically, and click the OK button.
Tips: If you have added multiple email accounts in Outlook, there will be multiple Inbox folders. You can select one of these Inbox folders as you need.
4. Click the OK button in the Outlook Options dialog.
From now on, the specified Inbox folder will be opened automatically when you start Outlook.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.