How to access/open journal folders in Outlook?
Some users may be used to adding journals in Microsoft Outlook. However, it’s not easy to switch to the Journal view quickly. In this article, I will introduce several methods to switch to Journal views with only one click, then access your journals easily in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
No matter you are using Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, or Outlook 2013, you can easily open the Journal view with pressing the Ctrl + 8 keys in a meanwhile.
Then just open a journal folder, and you can access all journals in this folder at ease.
Some users may be not familiar with hotkeys. There is an alternative way to access the journal with adding the journal button into the Quick Access Toolbar of Outlook 2013 and 2010.
Step 1: Click the Arrow > More Commands in the Quick Access Toolbar.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box,
(1) Click the Choose commands from box and specify the Commands Not in the Ribbon from the drop down list;
(2) Click to highlight the Journal in the commands list;
(3) Click the Add button;
(4) Click the OK button.
Step 3: Now the Journal button is added into the Quick Access Toolbar. Just click the Journal button, it will switch to the Journal View. See screen shot below:
Step 4: Open a journal folder in the Navigation Pane, then you can access all journals in this folder easily.
In Outlook 2007 and 2010, users can also add the Journal button into the Navigation Pane easily.
Step 1: Click the Configure buttons at the bottom-right corner of Navigation Pane > Add or Remove Buttons > Journal.
Step 2: Now the Journal button is added besides the original Configure button. Just click the Journal button, it will switch to the Journal view.
Step 3: Open a journal folder in the Navigation Pane, then you can access any journal in this folder.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.