How to access/open journal folders in Outlook?
Some users may be used to adding journals in Microsoft Outlook. However, it’s not easy to switch to the Journal view quickly. In this article, I will introduce several methods to switch to Journal views with only one click, then access your journals easily in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
No matter you are using Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, or Outlook 2013, you can easily open the Journal view with pressing the Ctrl + 8 keys in a meanwhile.
Then just open a journal folder, and you can access all journals in this folder at ease.
Some users may be not familiar with hotkeys. There is an alternative way to access the journal with adding the journal button into the Quick Access Toolbar of Outlook 2013 and 2010.
Step 1: Click the Arrow > More Commands in the Quick Access Toolbar.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box,
(1) Click the Choose commands from box and specify the Commands Not in the Ribbon from the drop down list;
(2) Click to highlight the Journal in the commands list;
(3) Click the Add button;
(4) Click the OK button.
Step 3: Now the Journal button is added into the Quick Access Toolbar. Just click the Journal button, it will switch to the Journal View. See screen shot below:
Step 4: Open a journal folder in the Navigation Pane, then you can access all journals in this folder easily.
In Outlook 2007 and 2010, users can also add the Journal button into the Navigation Pane easily.
Step 1: Click the Configure buttons at the bottom-right corner of Navigation Pane > Add or Remove Buttons > Journal.
Step 2: Now the Journal button is added besides the original Configure button. Just click the Journal button, it will switch to the Journal view.
Step 3: Open a journal folder in the Navigation Pane, then you can access any journal in this folder.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.