Read emails in the Message Window
Some Outlook users prefer to read emails in the Message window. This tutorial will show you how to read emails in the message window.
Note: This tutorial is introduced based on exchange account in Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And it may vary significantly or slightly depending on the types of email accounts (Exchange, IMAP or POP), the versions of Microsoft Outlook, and Windows environments.
You can quickly open and read an email in the message window as follows: In the mail view, click to open the specified mail folder on the Folder Pane, and then double click the specified email to open it in the message list.
Now the specified email is opened in a message window, and you can read it as you need.
Pictures displays as placeholders
Sometimes, the pictures are not downloaded and display as placeholders when reading emails in the message window.
You can quickly download these pictures with clicking the warning information between the message header and message body, and selecting Download Pictures from the drop-down list.
Alternatively, you can download all pictures in the opening email by right clicking any placeholder and selecting Download Pictures from the context menu.
If you want to adjust the zoom level for reading emails in the message window, you can do as follows:
(1) Click Message > Zoom.
(2) In the Zoom While Reading dialog, specify the zoom level in the Zoom to section as you need, tick the Remember my preference option, and click the OK button.
If you have enabled the Remember my preference option, the new zoom level will be automatically applied to all message windows and Reading Pane.
If the opening email contains attachments, you can easily preview the attachments by clicking them in the attachment bar.
When you preview an attachment in the message window, you can click Back to message above the attachment bar or click Attachments > Show Message to show the message content.
When reading an email in the message window, you can let the message content to be spoken out by clicking Message > Read Aloud.
Previous Item and Next Item
When reading an email in the message window, you can easily skip to the previous or the next email by clicking or in the quick access toolbar.
Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + < keys to open the previous email, and press Ctrl + > to open the next email.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.