How to auto preview unread messages in Outlook?
After enabling the auto preview feature in Outlook, you can see the first three lines of the email content displaying in the mail list of current email folder. You can enable the auto preview not only for all items, but also for all unread items in your selected folder. In this tutorial, we will show you how to auto preview unread messages in Outlook in details.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook 2013, the auto preview unread items function is removed. For auto previewing the unread messages, there is a trick for you.
1. Get into the email folder which the unread emails are staying.
2. Click View > Message Preview > 3 Line to enable the auto preview function. See screenshot:
3. And a prompt box will pop out to remind you that you can apply this preview setting to all mailboxes or current folder, choose your need option, see screenshot:
4. Then click Unread above the mail list to filter all unread messages out.
Then you can see all unread emails are listed out with three lines auto preview.
Note: This method is applied to all emails both read and unread messages.
In Outlook 2010 and 2007, please do as follows.
1. Get into the email folder.
2. Click View > View Settings in Outlook 2010. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, click View > Current View > Customize Current View.
3. In the Advanced View Settings/Customize View dialog box, click the Other Settings button.
4. In the Other Settings dialog box, select the Preview unread items option in the AutoPreview section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Click the OK button in the following dialog box to finish the setting. And this feature is only applied to unread messages.
Note: This method only works on the current folder you selected.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoWhy do you remove an important functionality like preview unread messages? why would you want to do that?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI also need to preview unread messages only ... this is a big step backwards, which I didn't do the upgrade.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.