How to auto preview unread messages in Outlook?
After enabling the auto preview feature in Outlook, you can see the first three lines of the email content displaying in the mail list of current email folder. You can enable the auto preview not only for all items, but also for all unread items in your selected folder. In this tutorial, we will show you how to auto preview unread messages in Outlook in details.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
In Outlook 2013, the auto preview unread items function is removed. For auto previewing the unread messages, there is a trick for you.
1. Get into the email folder which the unread emails are staying.
2. Click View > Message Preview > 3 Line to enable the auto preview function. See screenshot:
3. And a prompt box will pop out to remind you that you can apply this preview setting to all mailboxes or current folder, choose your need option, see screenshot:
4. Then click Unread above the mail list to filter all unread messages out.
Then you can see all unread emails are listed out with three lines auto preview.
Note: This method is applied to all emails both read and unread messages.
In Outlook 2010 and 2007, please do as follows.
1. Get into the email folder.
2. Click View > View Settings in Outlook 2010. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, click View > Current View > Customize Current View.
3. In the Advanced View Settings/Customize View dialog box, click the Other Settings button.
4. In the Other Settings dialog box, select the Preview unread items option in the AutoPreview section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Click the OK button in the following dialog box to finish the setting. And this feature is only applied to unread messages.
Note: This method only works on the current folder you selected.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.