Read emails in the Reading Pane
After adding email accounts in Outlook, emails sent to these email accounts will arrive automatically, and you can quickly read these emails in Outlook. This tutorial will introduce reading emails in the Reading Pane.
Note: This tutorial is introduced based on exchange account in Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And it may vary significantly or slightly depending on the types of email accounts (Exchange, IMAP or POP), the versions of Microsoft Outlook, and Windows environments.
It’s very easy to read emails in the Reading Pane in Outlook.
Firstly, click to open the specified mail folder on the Folder Pane, then click to open the specified email in the message list, and finally you can read the specified email in the Reading Pane.
By default, the Reading Pane is turned on and displayed on the right hand. If the Reading Pane disappears or displays at the bottom, you can click View > Reading Pane > Right to show it on the right hand.
When reading emails in the Reading Pane, you can change the zoom level in the Reading Pane as follows: (1) click the percentage beside the Zoom Slider at the bottom-right corner of the Outlook main interface; (2) In the Zoom While Reading dialog, please specify the zoom level as you need in the Zoom to section, check the Remember my preference option, and click the OK button.
Above operation will lock the new zoom level in the Reading Pane and message windows. If you just need to change the zoom level temporarily, please clear the Remember my preference option. Alternatively, you can change the zoom level by the zoom slider.
Pictures display as placeholders in the Reading Pane
Sometimes, when reading emails in the Reading Pane, the embedded pictures display as placeholders. That’s because these embedded pictures are not downloaded.
You can quickly download all embedded pictures by clicking the warning information between the message header and body and selecting Download Pictures in the popping out context menu.
Alternatively, you can right click anyone of placeholders, and select Download Pictures from the context menu.
If there are attachments in the email, you can quickly preview the attachments in the Reading Pane too.
In the attachment bar above the message body, you just need to click the specified attachment to preview in the Reading Pane immediately.
When previewing an attachment in the Reading Pane, you can quickly get back to the message by clicking Back to message at the upper-left corner of the Reading Pane.
When reading an email in the Reading Pane, you can apply the Read Aloud feature (by clicking Home > Read Aloud) to speak out the message content.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.