Change font of selected text in the message body
When you composing, replying, or formatting an email in Outlook, you may need to change font of some text in the message body. Now this tutorial will show you how to get it done.
- Change the font of selected text in message body by Font feature
- Change the font of selected text in message body with Font dialog
Note: Methods introduced on this page apply to Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And the instructions may vary significantly or slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook and the Windows environments.
You can easily change the font of the selected text or the whole message body when composing a new email, or replying/forwarding an email in Outlook.
1. In the message body, select the text whose font you will change.
Tips: If you need to change the font in the whole message body, please put cursor in the message body, and then press Ctrl + A keys to select the whole message body.
2. Go to the Font group on the Format Text tab, and pick up a new font from the Font drop-down list.
Alternatively, you can type the font name in the Font box and press Enter key to change the font directly.
Tips: You can also find out the Font drop-down list and Font box in the Basic Text group on the Message tab.
Alternatively, you can also change the font of the selected text or the whole message body with the Font dialog. Please do as follows:
1. Select the text whose font you will change in the message body.
Tips: To change the font in the whole message body, please select the whole message body with pressing Ctrl + A keys together.
2. Click the anchor at the bottom-right corner of Font group on the Format Text tab (or Basic Text group on the Message tab) to opens the Font dialog.
Tips: You can also open the Font dialog with pressing the Ctrl + D keys together.
3. In the Font dialog, please select a new font from the Font drop-down list, and click the OK button.
So far, the font of the selected text has been changed.
1. When your cursor does not place in the message body, the font formatting buttons are gray and invalid on the Ribbon.
2. Methods introduced in this article can change the font of selected text in the current message only. To change the default font of message body, you need to configure the stationery.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.