Shade Characters of selected text in message body
The Character Shading feature can add the gray background for the current selected text in the message body in Outlook, just similar as the Text Highlight Color feature, however, it can only shade the selected text with gray background.
Note: Methods introduced on this page apply to Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And the instructions may vary significantly or slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook and the Windows environments.
You can quickly shade the selected text in the message body, when you are composing, replying, or forwarding an email in Outlook.
1. In the message body, select the text you will shade.
2. Click the Character Shading button in the Font group on the Format Text tab.
Then the selected text is shading with gray background.
You can clear the gray shade from the shading text as follows:
(1) Select the shading text;
(2) Click the Character Shading button in the Font group
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.