Highlight selected text in message body in Outlook
When composing, replying, or forwarding an email in Outlook, you may need to highlight some text with color. Here, this tutorial will guide you to highlight the selected text in the message body easily.
Note: Methods introduced on this page apply to Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And the instructions may vary significantly or slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook and the Windows environments.
You can easily make the selected text pop with the Text Highlight Color feature in the message body.
1. Select the text you will add highlight color for.
2. Go to the Font group on the Format Text tab, click the Text Highlight Color button , and pick up a highlight color from the drop-down list.
Tips: You can also find out the Text Highlight Color feature in the Basic Text group on the Message tab.
Now the selected text is highlighted with the specified color.
You can easily clear the highlight color as follows:
1. Select the highlighted text whose highlight color you will clear.
2. In the Font group on the Format Text tab, select No Color from the Text Highlight Color drop-down list.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.