Add strikethrough across selected text in message body
This command will add a line across through the current selected text in the message body, just like a deleted line in Outlook.
- Add strikethrough across selected text with Strikethrough feature
- Add (double) strikethrough across selected text with Font dialog
- Clear the strikethrough or double strikethrough
Note: Methods introduced on this page apply to Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And the instructions may vary significantly or slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook and the Windows environments.
When composing, replying, or forwarding an email in Outlook, you can add strikethrough across the selected text in the message body with the Strikethrough feature easily.
1. In the message body, select the text you will add strikethrough across.
2. Click the Strikethrough button in the Font group on the Format Text tab.
Now the strikethrough is added across the selected text in the message body.
You can also add strikethrough or double strikethrough across the selected text in the message body with the Font dialog.
1. In the message body, select the text you will add the strikethrough across.
2. Go to the Font group on the Format Text tab, and click the anchor at the bottom-right corner to open the Font dialog.
Tips: you can also open the Font dialog with pressing Ctrl + D keys together.
3. In the Font dialog, enable the Font tab, tick the Strikethrough option or Double Strikethrough option as you need, and click the OK button.
Now the selected text is formatted with strikethrough or double strikethrough.
You can clear the strikethrough or double strikethrough easily as follows:
1. Select the text with strikethrough or double strikethrough.
2. Click the Strikethrough button in the Font group on the Format Text tab. (Tips: click the Strikethrough button twice to clear the double strikethrough).
Alternatively, you can untick both Strikethrough and Double Strikethrough options in the Font dialog to clear all strikethrough and double strikethrough formatting.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.