How to convert multiple workbooks to PDF files at once in Excel?
Sometime, you need to convert your Excel files to PDF files, so that they cannot be modified by others. In Excel, we can save an Excel file as PDF file by using Save As function. But how do you convert multiple workbooks to PDF files at the same time in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
1. Launch you workbook that you want to convert to PDF format.
2. Click File > Save As in Excel 2010 / 2013, and in the Save As dialog box, please select PDF from the Save as type drop down list, and specify a folder for saving the new file.
3. Then click Options button at the bottom of Save As dialog, in the popped out Options dialog box, check Entire workbook, see screenshots:
4. And then click OK > Save, this whole workbook has been saved as PDF file format.
If you have multiple workbooks need to be converted, please apply above steps to save the workbooks to PDF files one by one.
Tip: If you are using Excel 2007, please click Office Button > Save As > PDF or XPS, see screenshot:
If you are tired of saving the workbook as PDF file one by one, here, I can introduce a handy and useful tool, Kutools for Excel, with its File Format Converter utility, you can quickly convert multiple workbooks to PDF files at once.
When you have installed Kutools for Excel, you can do as following steps:
1. Click Enterprise > Workbook Tools > File Format Converter, see screenshot:
2. In the File Format Converter dialog, specify the following options:
- (1.) Click the Type drop down list to choose the converter type you need, in this example, I select Excel workbook to PDF.
- (2.) Then click button to add the files or folders that you want to convert.
- (3.) To choose an output directory for these new format of files by clicking button.
3. Then click OK to start converting, when all the specified Excel files have been converted to the PDF files, a new workbook will be displayed to show the details of the conversion. See screenshot:
1. If you don’t want to keep the source files after conversion, please check Delete source files after conversion.
2. All of the files in your specified folder which includes the subfolders will be converted to the file format as you want as well.