How to highlight all error cells in Excel?
If you create formulas in your worksheet, it will be inevitable to appear some error values. Can you highlight all these cells which contain the error values in your worksheet at once? The Conditional Formatting utility in Excel can help you solve this problem.
Select Specific Cells (select cells/row/columns based on one ore two criteria.)
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
The following steps will show you how to apply Conditional Formatting to highlight all cells that contain errors.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Click here to know Auto Text Click here to get free trial
1.Select a range or the whole worksheet that you want to apply the Conditional Formatting.
2.Then click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
3. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, select Use a formula to determine which cells to format option, and then type this formula =ISERROR(A1) (A1 indicates the first cell in your selected range, you can change it as you need) into the Format values where this formula is true text box. See screenshot:
4. Then click Format button, and in the Format Cells dialog box, select one color that you want to use under Fill tab, see screenshot:
5. After choosing the color, then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and all the error value cells have been highlighted as following screenshot shown:
Note: Conditional Formatting tool is a dynamic function, if you create other error values in your selected range, they will be highlighted as well.
If you want to select and highlight error cells, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Select Cells with Error Value utility, then highlight them with your favorite color.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the cells you want to find error cells, click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Error Value. See screenshot:
2. Then all the error cells are selected, and click Home > Fill Color to select a color to color the error cells. See screenshot:
|Kutools for Excel: 300 + functions you must have in Excel, 60-day free trial from here|