How to add comment to chart in Excel?
As we all known, it is easy for us to insert comments to cells in workbook. But, have you ever tried to insert comment to a chart? That is to say, when you move the mouse over a chart in a worksheet, there will appear a pop-up comment. Normally, Excel doesn’t provide us the way to add comment to the chart directly, but here, I can talk about some interesting tricks for you to deal with this task.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can insert the comment to a chart using the hyperlink feature, please do as following steps:
1. Select your chart that you want to insert a comment.
2. Then press Ctrl + K keys to open the Insert Hyperlink dialog, and in the dialog box, select Place in this Document from the Link to pane, and enter the address of a cell which close to your chart as you need, then click ScreenTip button, see screenshot:
3. And in the Set Hyperlink ScreenTip dialog, please type the comment content you need to display into the ScreenTip text box, see screenshot:
4. Click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and now, when you hover the mouse pointer over the chart, a small note appears which contains the ScreenTip text as following screenshot shown:
Here also have a simple VBA code, by applying this code, it will pop out a message box including the text content which just like a comment.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
Sub MyMacro() MsgBox "A column chart is a graphic representation of data. Column charts display verticalbars going across the chart horizontally, with the values axis being displayed on the left side of the chart. " End Sub
Note: You can change the text which will be displayed as comment content after the MsgBox in the above code as you need.
3. Then save and close this code window, back to your worksheet, select the chart and right-click, then choose Assign Macro from the context menu, see screenshot:
4. And in the Assign Macro dialog, select the code name that created in above code just now, MyMacro, for instance. See screenshot:
5. Then click OK to close this dialog, and when you click the chart, you will see a message box that contains the text you typed in your macro, see screenshot:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agono me sirvioooo ,casi hackeo la nasa y ni asi muy mal :(
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years ago"That is really fascinating, You’re an excessively skilled blogger.
I have joined your feed and look ahead to
in quest of more of your wonderful post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks" regards: