How to create a text box with scrollbar in Excel?
Text box is a useful tool for us to add some suggestive information for worksheet data. Sometimes, we need to insert a small text box which contains large content, in this case, the content will not be fully displayed if you are not click the text box. If there is a scrollbar bar within the text box, it will be easy to view the content and the text box looks beautiful as well.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, you just can insert the scrollbar for the text box which must be ActiveX Controls form only. Please do as this:
1. To insert a text box by clicking Developer > Insert > Text Box, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the mouse to draw a text box as you need.
3. And then click Developer > Properties with the text box is selected, see screenshot:
4. In the Properties dialog, select True from the MultiLine drop down, then choose 2-fmScrollBarsVertical from the ScrollBars drop down list. See screenshot:
5. After finishing the settings, close the Properties dialog, and click the Design Mode to exit the Design Mode. And when you enter large content which is longer than the text box, the scrollbar will be added automatically. See screenshot:
Note: In Excel, only the ActiveX Controls form text box can be added the scrollbar.