How to create a text box with scrollbar in Excel?
Text box is a useful tool for us to add some suggestive information for worksheet data. Sometimes, we need to insert a small text box which contains large content, in this case, the content will not be fully displayed if you are not click the text box. If there is a scrollbar bar within the text box, it will be easy to view the content and the text box looks beautiful as well.
In Excel, you just can insert the scrollbar for the text box which must be ActiveX Controls form only. Please do as this:
1. To insert a text box by clicking Developer > Insert > Text Box, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the mouse to draw a text box as you need.
3. And then click Developer > Properties with the text box is selected, see screenshot:
4. In the Properties dialog, select True from the MultiLine drop down, then choose 2-fmScrollBarsVertical from the ScrollBars drop down list. See screenshot:
5. After finishing the settings, close the Properties dialog, and click the Design Mode to exit the Design Mode. And when you enter large content which is longer than the text box, the scrollbar will be added automatically. See screenshot:
Note: In Excel, only the ActiveX Controls form text box can be added the scrollbar.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!