Can you public the file with the macro working please, for
"Show comments when cell is selected with VBA code"
When we insert some comments in a workbook, we can hover the mouse over the cell which contains the comment to make the comment pop up. But if you select the cell using the arrow keys, the comment won't display. Here, I will show you how to display comment when cell is selected in Excel.
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Excel provides an alternative to cell comments. The Excel’s Data Validation feature can help us to display a pop-up message when a cell is selected. Using this method, we needn’t to insert the comment by the normal way. We can insert the comment through the Input Message option of Data Validation feature.
1. Click a cell where you want to insert the comment.
2. Go to click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation, see screenshot:
3. In the Data Validation dialog box, go to the Input Message tab, and check Show input message when cell is selected option, then you can enter the title and message as your need. See screenshot:
4. After inputting the message that you need, click OK to close this dialog. And now when you select the cell, the message will be popped up just look like a comment.
If there are multiple comments in your worksheet already, to retype them one by one with the above method will be time consuming, so, I can introduce a VBA code to help you show the comment when cell is selected.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Then choose your used worksheet from the left Project Explorer, double click it to open the Module, and then copy and paste following VBA code into the blank Module:
VBA code: Show comments when cell is selected
Private FRg As Range Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) 'Update 20140909 On Error Resume Next If (FRg Is Nothing) = False Then FRg.Comment.Visible = False End If Target.Comment.Visible = True Set FRg = Target End Sub
3. Save and close the code, and return to the worksheet, now, when you select a cell with comment by pressing arrow key, the comment will be shown as follows: