How to change the shape of comment box in Excel?
We always insert comments into the Excel cells, so that we can attach additional information to use. By default, the comment box is square. If we want to change the shape of comment, how could we do?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
With this method, you need to take a bit more effort, because it is some complex. Please do as follows:
The first step is to add the Change Shape command to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT):
1. Right-click the QAT, and click Customize Quick Access Toolbar, see screenshot:
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, click Choose commands from drop down list to select Drawing Tools丨Format Tab, and then in the list of commands, click Change Shape, then click Add button to add the Change Shape into Quick Access Toolbar.
3. Then click OK to close the Excel Options dialog box.
The second step is to change the comment box, do as this:
1. Select the cell contains the comment that you want to change the comment box.
2. On the Ribbon, click Review > Edit Comment, see screenshot:
3. Then click the border of the selected comment, it changes to a bunch of small dots. See screenshot:
4. Then on the Quick Access Toolbar, click Change Shape button, and select the shape that you like, see screenshot:
At the same time the selected comment box has been changed. See screenshot:
With this way, you can change only one comment shape at a time, if you want to change others, repeat the second step.
The Kutools for Excel’s Change Comment Shape can help you change all of the comment boxes at once quickly and easily.
When you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as following steps:
1. Click Kutools > More > Change Comment Shape, see screenshot:
2. And all of the comments of the whole workbook have been listed in the Comment list box, then choose a shape that you like from the Select shape box. See screenshot:
3. Click Apply All button, and the selected shape have been applied to all of the comments. See screenshot:
Click Change Comment Shape to know more about this feature.
- Change all comment formats in cells
- Change all comments' author name
- List all comments to a new worksheet or workbook
- Find and replace text within comments
- Show or hide all comments and comment indicators in Excel
- Convert cell contents to comments in Excel
- Convert comments to cell contents in Excel
- Insert picture or image in comment
- Quickly insert a comment to multiple cells
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoCan a comment box change direction? I have comment boxes at the left side of an Excel document and when read the user has to scroll right to review the message. Can the box be made to open to the right verses left?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoWhere is the QAT? Can't do any of this because you don't say where it is