How to highlight/conditional formatting top n values in Excel?
When you have a large data in a worksheet, and you want to highlight or conditional formatting the top 10 values only, how can you quickly solve that? Now I introduce a trick for you to highlight top 10 values at once in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
For example, you have a range data as shown as below, and now, I will talk about highlighting the top 10 values in these data range.
1. Select the data range you need, then click Home > Conditional Formatting > Top/Bottom Rules > Top 10 Items. See screenshot:
2. In the popping out dialog, click OK to apply the function to highlight the top 10 values. See screenshot:
Now all top 10 values in the range have been highlighted.
Tip: You can change the number in Top 10 Items dialog to highlight top values you need.
- Highlight odd or even numbers in Excel
- Highlight whole numbers in Excel
- Highlight all error cells in Excel
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHi. I have two columns of data. Column 1 is Male (M) and Female (F). Column 2 are score. I would like to highlight top 3 males in Green and top 3 females in Yellow. Is this possible?