How to clear old items in pivot table?
After creating the pivot table based on a data range, sometimes, we need to change the data source to our need. But, the old items might still reserve in the filter drop down, this will be annoying. In this article, I will talk about how to clear the old items in pivot table.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing, I have the following data source, and now, I change the Coconut to Apple, and refresh the pivot table, but, the old Coconut item still appear in the filter drop down list, see screenshot:
To clear the old items from the filter drop down in the pivot table, you should do as follows:
1. Click any cell in pivot table, and right click, choose PivotTable Options from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the PivotTable Options dialog box, click Data tab, and then choose None from the Number of items to retain per field drop down list, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK to close the dialog box, and refresh the pivot table, now, when you click the Filter arrow, the old item has been cleared at once, see screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 26 days agoThis has been making me crazy for a long time. thank you!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 26 days agothis has been making me crazthis has been making me crazy for a long time. thank you!y for a long time. thank you!