How to no overlap bubble in bubble chart in Excel?
If the one bubble’s X value and Y value are close to another buddle’s in a bubble chart , the smaller bubble will be hidden by the bigger one as below screenshot shown, bubble A and bubble C are hidden. Now I will tell you some quick tricks to not overlap the bubbles in Excel.
You can change the front bubbles’ transparency to see the bubbles in the back.
1. Select the front bubble and right click to select Format Data Series from the context menu.
2. In Format Data Series dialog/pane, do two operations.
(1) Click Fill tab and check Solid fill option, then drag the Transparency slider to the bubble transparency you need.
(2) Click Border Color tab, check Solid line option, and select the color line you need. See screenshot:
3. Close dialog, you can see one of the front bubbles looks transparent.
4. Repeat above steps to change the transparency of the other bubble. And then you can see the hidden bubble.
With above way may be not convenient enough for you, you can use this way which just need to change the series order.
1. Click at the bubble chart, and right click to select Select Data from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Select Data Source dialog, click at series A (the series has been hidden) in the Legend Entries (Series) section list, and click the Move Down arrow to move A to the bottom of all series. See screenshots:
3. Then repeat step 3 to move series C to the bottom in Select Data Source dialog.
Tip: Move the smallest bubble to the bottom, and move the second smallest bubble above the smallest one snd son on in the Legend Entries (Series) section.
4. Then click OK to close the dialog. Now you can see the small bubble has appeared in the front.
- Change bubble size in bubble chart
- Quickly create bubble chart
- Create bubble chart with multiple series
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!