How to adjust bubble size in bubble chart in Excel?
With a bubble chart, you can show series data as a bubble which may let the chart viewed clearly. However, in some special cases, you may want to adjust the bubble size of the bubble chart for better showing the data. Here I will introduce a quick trick for you to change the bubble size in Excel’s bubble chart.
In general, the bubble size in a bubble chart cannot be changed or adjusted, but I can tell you a roundabout way to change the bubble size.
1. Go to the bubble chart’s original data table, and add a new series data below the data as below screenshot shown:
Tip: To make existing bubbles smaller, you can make the new series’ third data, which will be specified as series bubble size in Edit series dialog, much bigger than original series’. In reverse, you can make the third data of new series much smaller.
2. Then right click at the bubble chart, and select Select Data from the context menu.
3. In the Select Data Source dialog, click Add.
4. Then in the Edit Series dialog, select the relative cells into the text boxes.
5. Click OK > OK to close dialogs. Then you can see other bubbles are changed smaller.
6. Now you can hide the big bubble. Select the new series bubble, and right click to select Format Data Series.
7. In the Format Data Series dialog, click Fill in the left pane, and check No fill option in right section.
In Excel 2013, go to Format Data Series pane, and click Fill & Line tab and check No fill in the Fill section.
8. Close the dialog, and you can delete the added series legends. Now you can see the bubbles are adjusted to smaller.
Tip: If you remove the new series bubble or the new series data, the bubbles will change to their sizes back.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Easy to Uninstall Completely | Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial | Available in 44 Languages
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!