How to adjust bubble size in bubble chart in Excel?
With a bubble chart, you can show series data as a bubble which may let the chart viewed clearly. However, in some special cases, you may want to adjust the bubble size of the bubble chart for better showing the data. Here I will introduce a quick trick for you to change the bubble size in Excel’s bubble chart.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In general, the bubble size in a bubble chart cannot be changed or adjusted, but I can tell you a roundabout way to change the bubble size.
1. Go to the bubble chart’s original data table, and add a new series data below the data as below screenshot shown:
Tip: To make existing bubbles smaller, you can make the new series’ third data, which will be specified as series bubble size in Edit series dialog, much bigger than original series’. In reverse, you can make the third data of new series much smaller.
2. Then right click at the bubble chart, and select Select Data from the context menu.
3. In the Select Data Source dialog, click Add.
4. Then in the Edit Series dialog, select the relative cells into the text boxes.
5. Click OK > OK to close dialogs. Then you can see other bubbles are changed smaller.
6. Now you can hide the big bubble. Select the new series bubble, and right click to select Format Data Series.
7. In the Format Data Series dialog, click Fill in the left pane, and check No fill option in right section.
In Excel 2013, go to Format Data Series pane, and click Fill & Line tab and check No fill in the Fill section.
8. Close the dialog, and you can delete the added series legends. Now you can see the bubbles are adjusted to smaller.
Tip: If you remove the new series bubble or the new series data, the bubbles will change to their sizes back.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoTo scale the bubble size, right-click on a bubble so the entire series of bubbles are selected. Choose Format Data Series. Enter a scaling factor for bubbles.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks a ton, really helped