How to adjust bubble size in bubble chart in Excel?
With a bubble chart, you can show series data as a bubble which may let the chart viewed clearly. However, in some special cases, you may want to adjust the bubble size of the bubble chart for better showing the data. Here I will introduce a quick trick for you to change the bubble size in Excel’s bubble chart.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
In general, the bubble size in a bubble chart cannot be changed or adjusted, but I can tell you a roundabout way to change the bubble size.
1. Go to the bubble chart’s original data table, and add a new series data below the data as below screenshot shown:
Tip: To make existing bubbles smaller, you can make the new series’ third data, which will be specified as series bubble size in Edit series dialog, much bigger than original series’. In reverse, you can make the third data of new series much smaller.
2. Then right click at the bubble chart, and select Select Data from the context menu.
3. In the Select Data Source dialog, click Add.
4. Then in the Edit Series dialog, select the relative cells into the text boxes.
5. Click OK > OK to close dialogs. Then you can see other bubbles are changed smaller.
6. Now you can hide the big bubble. Select the new series bubble, and right click to select Format Data Series.
7. In the Format Data Series dialog, click Fill in the left pane, and check No fill option in right section.
In Excel 2013, go to Format Data Series pane, and click Fill & Line tab and check No fill in the Fill section.
8. Close the dialog, and you can delete the added series legends. Now you can see the bubbles are adjusted to smaller.
Tip: If you remove the new series bubble or the new series data, the bubbles will change to their sizes back.
Excel Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 days agoTo scale the bubble size, right-click on a bubble so the entire series of bubbles are selected. Choose Format Data Series. Enter a scaling factor for bubbles.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoThanks a ton, really helped