- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi,
You can try the VBA method in this article: https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/4346-excel-click-cell-popup-calendar.html
Hope I can help.
How to create a drop down list calendar (date picker) in Excel?
With drop down calendar in Excel worksheet, you can easily select a specific date from it without manually typing. This tutorial shows you how to create a calendar in Excel worksheet using the ActiveX Control.
For creating a drop down calendar in Excel, please do as follows.
Note: This method works with Microsoft Excel 2007 and 32-bit versions of Excel 2016, 2013 and 2010.
1. Firstly, if you cannot see the Developer tab in the ribbon, you need to show it as follows.
- 1). In Excel 2010 and the later version, click File > Options. And in the Options dialog box, click Customize Ribbon in the right pane, check the Developer box, then click the OK button. See screenshot:
- 2). If you are using Excel 2007, click Office button > Excel Options. In the Excel Options dialog box, click Popular in the right bar, then check the Show Developer tab in the Ribbon box, and finally click the OK button.
2. Then click Developer > Insert > More Controls. See screenshot:
3. In the More Control dialog box, select Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 (SP6) and then click the OK button.
4. Then draw the drop down list to the worksheet where you want it to appear, and resize the box with dragging its corner.
5. Right click the drop down list and click Properties from the list. In the Properties dialog box, enter a specific cell in the LinkedCell box, and then close the dialog box. See screenshot:
Note: If you enter the cell B3 into the LinkedCell box, when you selecting a date in the drop down calendar, the date will be linked and displayed in the cell B3.
6. An error dialog box will pop up after closing the Properties dialog, the OK button.
6. Now you need to turn off the Design Mode in this worksheet with clicking Developer > Design Mode.
7. Click the arrow button to show the drop down calendar. When selecting date in the calendar, it will be automatically populated in the cell you specified above.
The above method only works with 32-bit versions of Excel 2016, 2013 and 2010. For those users who are using the 64-bit versions of Excel, how can they solve this problem? Here introduce a useful tool – the Insert Date utility of Kutools for Excel, with this utility, you can easily pick up dates with specific format from a date picker and insert in into selected cell with double-clicking. Download and try it now! ( 30-day free trail)
1. Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Date to enable the utility.
2. Then the Insert Date dialog pops up, select a cell, double click a date in the dialog will insert it into the selected cell.
Note: It supports inserting date into selected cell with specific date formatting. You just need to check the Using format box, choose a format in the right list box to get it down.
After finishing date entering in needed cells, close the Insert Date window.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIs there a way to apply this technique to a range of cells
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI want to change the weekend days from Sunday and Saturday to only Friday. But couldn't find the calendar option in MS Excel 2007. Please help
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi Tabassum,
There is no option in Excel 2007 to change the weekend days.
You can change it in networkdays functions.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoWhen I draw the drop down list to the worksheet where I want it to appear i receive the following message "cannot insert object".
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi,
It's hard to figure out the problem with your simple description. Please create a new workbook for testing or attach your file if you don't mind.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoTHANK YOU, IT HELPS ME A LOT.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoCan't I simply paste in other cells? I tried and changed the cell position in properties and it's not working
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoDear Eduarda,
You can paste the selected date in other cell by changing the Linkedcell position in the properties dialog box.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI don't know why I re-open the file, the calendar box moved to another location?
sorry I can't include the picture to explain
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoDear kimtvt,
Sorry i can't fix the problem as well.