How to create a drop down list calendar in Excel?
With drop down calendar in Excel worksheet, you can easily select a specific date from it without manually typing. This tutorial shows you how to create a calendar in Excel worksheet using the ActiveX Control.
Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Date, and in the Insert Date dialog box, specify a date format, double click a certain date to insert this date into a selected cell immediately. Download the full feature 60-day free trail of Kutools for Excel now! See the below demo:
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
For creating a drop down calendar in Excel, please do as follows.
Note: This method can only apply to Microsoft Excel 2007 as well as the 32-bits of the later Excel version.
1. Firstly, if you cannot see the Developer tab in the ribbon, you need to show it as follows.
1). In Excel 2010 and the later version, click File > Options. And in the Options dialog box, click Customize Ribbon in the right pane, check the Developer box, then click the OK button. See screenshot:
2). In Outlook 2007, click Office button > Excel Options. In the Excel Options dialog box, click Popular in the right bar, then check the Show Developer tab in the Ribbon box, and finally click the OK button.
2. Then click Developer > Insert > More Controls. See screenshot:
3. In the More Control dialog box, select Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 (SP6) and then click the OK button.
4. Then draw the drop down list to the worksheet where you want it to appear, and resize the box with dragging its corner.
5. Right click the drop down list and click Properties from the list. In the Properties dialog box, enter a specific cell in the LinkedCell box, and then close the dialog box. See screenshot:
Note: In this section, if you enter the cell A1 into the LinkedCell box, when you selecting a date in the drop down calendar, the date will be linked and displayed in the cell A1.
6. In this step, an error dialog box will pop up, just ignore it with clicking the OK button.
6. Now you need to turn off the Design Mode in this worksheet with clicking Developer > Design Mode.
7. Click the arrow button, you will get the drop down calendar displaying in the worksheet. When you selecting date in the calendar, it will link to the cell you specified above automatically.
- How to auto populate other cells when selecting values in Excel drop down list?
- How to autocomplete when typing in Excel drop down list?
- How to create drop down list from another workbook in Excel?
- How to create a searchable drop down list in Excel?
Excel Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoI want to change the weekend days from Sunday and Saturday to only Friday. But couldn't find the calendar option in MS Excel 2007. Please help
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoWhen I draw the drop down list to the worksheet where I want it to appear i receive the following message "cannot insert object".
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoTHANK YOU, IT HELPS ME A LOT.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoCan't I simply paste in other cells? I tried and changed the cell position in properties and it's not working
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.