How to round to nearest even or odd number in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to round a list of numbers to their nearest even or odd numbers in Excel. Now this tutorial will tell you the method to round numbers to nearest even or odd number.
Round (Rounding numbers, round down/up, round to even without formulas.)
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Use below formulas to round number to nearest even or odd number in Excel.
Round number to nearest even number
Select a cell and type this formula =EVEN(A2) into it, and press Enter key, then if you need to apply this formula to other cells, you can drag the autofill handle to fill them. See screenshot:
Round number to nearest odd number
Select a cell and type this formula =ODD(A2) into it, and press Enter key, then if you need to apply this formula to other cells, you can drag the autofill handle to fill them. See screenshot:
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
In the above formulas, A2 is the number you want to round.
- Round number to nearest 5/10/50 in Excel
- Round date to nearest month in Excel
- Round date to previous or next specific weekday in Excel
- Round and sum number in Excel
- Round time to nearest second/minute/hour in Excel
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoI came up with this.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years ago=EVEN(A2) DOES NOT Round to the NEAREST(!) Even number.
To the best of my knowledge it ROUNDS UP(!) to Nearest Even Number.
Try it on: 34.0014 and 20.999.
One of the possible formulas to return the Nearest Even number is: =INT(A2/2+0.5)*2
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoWe use Excel for our Estimating templates and use the following formula to round:
And for our formulas that our foremen receive, we use to folllowing (so they don't have our waste factors, because they'll use that extra 10% of material!):
Hope this helps!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoI posted my solution above, if you are interested. Know this is kind of old.