How to extract state, zip code or city from address in Excel?
For extracting state, zip code or city from address cell to individual cells, what would you do? With this article, we will show you formulas to deal with this problem. Please browse for more details.
Supposing the address locates in cell A2, please do as follows step by step to extract state, zip code or city from address in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell to place the extracted state. Here I select cell B2.
2. Copy the below formula into it, and then press the Enter key.
Then you will get the State in the selected cell.
1. Select a blank cell, copy the below formula into it and then press the Enter key.
Note: As the above notes mentioned, the number 10 in the formula is the tenth character after the first comma; and the number 5 means that there are five numbers constitute the zip code.
Please click How to extract postcode from address list in Excel? for more details of extract zip code from address.
For extracting the city from address, just change the last two numbers of the above formula to 1 and 6.
Easily extract email domain from email address in Excel:
With Kutools for Excel's Extract Text utility, you can easily extract email domain from email address or extract text between two symbols from cells in Excel. Download and try it now! (30-day free trail)
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!