How to get the current sheet number of a workbook?
If you have multiple worksheets in your workbook, do you have any good ideas to get the current sheet number excepting to count them one by one? In this article, I will talk about an easy trick for you to return the active worksheet’s number as you need.
With the following simple VBA code, you can quickly get the active worksheet number as you want, please do as follows:
1. Activate the worksheet which you want to return its index number.
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Get the current sheet number
Sub GetActiveSheetIndex() MsgBox ActiveSheet.Index End Sub
4. Then press F5 key to run this code, and you will get the index number of current worksheet in a popping message box as following screenshot shown:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 14 days agoI want to check my sheet number
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI want current sheet number In a cell without vba ?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoinsert the below into any cell to get the index number for that sheet.=sheet()