How to get the current sheet number of a workbook?
If you have multiple worksheets in your workbook, do you have any good ideas to get the current sheet number excepting to count them one by one? In this article, I will talk about an easy trick for you to return the active worksheet’s number as you need.
With the following simple VBA code, you can quickly get the active worksheet number as you want, please do as follows:
1. Activate the worksheet which you want to return its index number.
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Get the current sheet number
Sub GetActiveSheetIndex() MsgBox ActiveSheet.Index End Sub
4. Then press F5 key to run this code, and you will get the index number of current worksheet in a popping message box as following screenshot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!