To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoHi Brian,
You will not get the Vertical tabs if Kutools is not installed on your computer.
The Navigation Pane tool of Kutools does not change the workbook or worksheet, it just change the Excel window view, and add a vertical pane for your ease Excel work.
How to show sheet tabs vertically in Excel?
As we know, the Sheet Tab is placed at the bottom of Excel window horizontally. If there are too many sheets in a workbook, only several sheet names are visible on the Sheet Tab, see below screen shot. In this condition, some users look for ways to show the Sheet Tab vertically for viewing all sheet names completely. In this article, we will introduce some ways to solve it in Excel.
Show sheet tabs vertically with right-clicking the sheet tab (right click, temporarily)
Show sheet tabs vertically with Kutools for Excel (no clicks, permanently)
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Actually, Excel supports a way to show all sheet names vertically, but this way is temporarily.
In Excel 2013, Right click the arrow buttons at the beginning of Sheet Tab, an Activate dialog box will open and display all sheet names vertically. See screen shot below:
In Excel 2007 and 2010, when we right click the arrow buttons at the beginning of Sheet Tab, a right-clicking menu will pop up and display all sheet names vertically. See screenshot above:
The way of right-clicking arrows in Sheet Tab can only show the sheet names vertically temporarily. To permanently display the Sheet Tab vertically, you can try the Navigation Pane utility of Kutools for Excel.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you will view all sheet names are listed vertically in the Navigation Pane at the left side of Excel window. See below screen shot:
Note: The Navigation Pane is activated by default at the first time after installing Kutools for Excel. If you can’t find out it, you can click the Kutools (or View) > Navigation to activate the Navigation Pane, and click the first button at far left of Navigation Pane to display the vertical Sheet Tab.
Apart from the useful Navigation Pane, Kutools for Excel also provides a workaround to list all sheet names vertically in a new index sheet, and support to just to these sheet tabs by clicking in Excel.
Click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Create List of Sheet Names, and then specify the settings as you need in the opening Create List of Sheet Names dialog box. See screenshot:
And then all sheet names with hyperlinks or buttons are listed and displayed in a new created sheet, and click these sheet names will jump to them. See screenshot:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoif the vertical tabs are set up with someone who has Kutools and the file is sent to me (without kutools) will it still have the vertical tabs?