How to quickly convert XLSX file to XLS or PDF file?
In some cases, we may want to convert Excel 2007 or higher xlsx file to Excel 97-2003 xls file or PDF file. In Excel, we may use the Save as command to solve this task, but here I can introduce you a good converter to quickly convert multiple xlsx files to xls files or pdf files in Excel.
In Excel, we usually use Save As to save the opening workbook as other file.
1. Enable the workbook, and click File or Office button, then click Save As. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Save As dialog, select a folder you want to put the converted file into, and select Excel 97-2003 Workbook or PDF as you need from Save as type drop down list. see screenshot:
3. Click Save. Now the xlsx file has been converted to the format you need.
Note: The Save as feature can only save current worksheet as PDF file normally.
With this method, you need to convert the files one by one, and you must be tired out if there are hundreds of files. In this case, you can use File Format Converter of Kutools for Excel.
The File Format Converter utility of Kutools for Excel aimed to batch convert multiple files between xlsx and xls formats, or convert Excel files to PDF files.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Enable a workbook, click Kutools Plus > Workbook > Format Converter. See screenshot:
2. Then in the File Format Converter dialog, select the convert type you want from the Type drop down list, and click to add the files form folder or files. And select an outputting location you need. See screenshots:
3. Click Ok. Now all the files have been converted and placed in the folder you choose in step 2.
(1) If you need to delete original workbooks after conversion, please check the Delete source files after conversion option;
(2) If you need to remain original workbook’s last modified date and time as new files’ modified date and time, please check the Keep the modified date of original files option.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 12 days agoHow to send PDF file to excel.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoCan I just say THANK YOU?! It is always next to impossible to find simple and easy to understand solutions in online forums. You have provided just what I needed to jog my memory on saving xlsx files into xls files, and in a simple layout. Much appreciated!