How to count page breaks of active sheet in Excel?
After inserting the page breaks to your active sheet, you may want to know the number of the page breaks you have inserted in this sheet, how can you quickly count them instead of counting one by one?
To count the page breaks of the active sheet, I can tell you a tiny trick.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance working efficiency and save working time.|
1. Enable the sheet you want to count its page breaks, and click File > Print, then view the number of page. See screenshot:
Note: In Excel 2007, you can click Office button > Print > Print Preview, and get the page number at bottom of Print Preview window.
2. Then the number of page breaks equal to the number of pages minus 1.
Number of page breaks = number of pages -1
In Kutools for Excel, you can use Insert Page Break Every Row function to insert page breaks in every nth row at once and then it displays a dialog to tell you the number of inserted page breaks.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Click Kutools Plus > Printing > Insert Page Break Every Row. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Insert Page Break Every Row dialog, type the interval number you want into the text box. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok. And a dialog pops out to tell you the number of inserted page breaks. Click OK to close it.
And now the page breaks are inserted, and the number of page breaks you inserted has been counted out at the same time.
Note: If you want to remove all the page breaks, click Page Layout > Breaks > Reset All Page Breaks.
You may interested in these articles:
- How to insert live exchange rate in Excel?
- How to create a list of weekdays/business days in Excel?
- How to add comma before number in Excel?
- How to print X rows per page in Excel?