How to convert date to yYYY-MM-DD format in Excel?
Supposing you have a list of dates with mm/dd/yyyy format, and now you want to convert these dates to yyyy-mm-dd format as below screenshot shown. Here I introduce the tricks to quickly convert date to yyyy-mm-dd format in Excel.
Convert standard date formatting to other date formatings in Excel
|A collection of multiple date formattings for choose as you need. Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.
Excel’s Format Cells function can quickly convert date to yyyy-mm-dd format.
1. Select the dates you want to convert, and right click to display context menu, and select Format Cells from it. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, click Custom from the list, and type yyyy-mm-dd into the Type textbox in the right section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now all dates are converted to yyyy-mm-dd format. See screenshot:
In Excel, if you want to convert date to text with yyyy-mm-dd format, you can use formula.
1. Select a blank cell next to your date, for instance. I1, and type this formula =TEXT(G1, "yyyy-mm-dd"), and press Enter key, then drag AutoFill handle over the cells needed this formula.
With Kutools for Excel’s Apply Date Formatting utility, you can quickly convert date to anyone date format as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the dates you want to convert, and click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Apply Date Formatting dialog, you can select the date format you need from the Date formatting list, and preview the result in the Preview pane. To convert to yyyy-mm-dd format, just select 2001-03-14 from the Date formatting list. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply, and the dates are converted to the format you need. See screenshot:
|Kutools for Excel: 300 + functions you must have in Excel, 60-day free trial from here|
Easily add hours/minutes/seconds to a datetime in Excel
|Supposing you have a date time format data in a cell, such as 2015/5/3 17:53:20, and now you need to add a number of hours, minutes, or seconds to this date. Normally, using formula is the first method for all Excel users, but it’s hard to remember all formulas. With Kutools for Excel’s built-in Commonly-used Formulas you can easily add hours, minutes or seconds to a date time with formulas, and you don’t need to remember the formula at al. Click for full-featured free trial in 60 days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
- How to easily convert between multiple energy units in Excel?
- How to mass convert text to date in Excel?
- How to quickly convert XLSX file to XLS or PDF file?
- How to quickly convert pounds to ounces/grams/kg in Excel?