How to find and break external links in Excel?
In Excel, we usually create some external links for some purposes, however, after finishing the specific purpose, you may want to find and break all the external links. Here I introduce you the tricks to quickly find and break external links.
If you want to find and break external links, you can apply Edit Link function.
1. Click Data > Edit Links. See screenshot:
2. In the Edit Links dialog, select a workbook that you want to break the external links, and then click Break Link. See screenshot:
3. In the popping out warning dialog box, please click the Break Links button. See screenshot:
4. Then repeat step 2 to break all external links from the whole workbook. After removing all external links, please close the Edit Links dialog box.
With above method, you will break all the external links from the same workbook, but in sometimes, you may want to break some of the external links from different worksheets, in this case, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Find and Break Broken Links function to solve.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Click Kutools > Link > Find and Break Broken Links. See screenshot:
2. In the Find and Break Broken Links dialog, you can see all the external links are list in the dialog, and check the links you want to break and then click Break link to break all the checked links.
1. In the Find and Break Broken Links dialog, you can filter links based on linked worksheet by selecting the sheet name from the Filter dropdown list.
2. You also can view the cell in actual time when you click the link in the Find and Break Broken Links dialog after checking View cell option.
- How to split date and time from a cell to two cells in Excel?
- How to quickly add hours/minutes/second to date and time in Excel?
- How to convert hyperlinks to plain texts in Excel?