How to subscript all numbers in chemical formulas in Excel?
Have you ever confused with subscripting the numbers in a chemical formula in Excel as below screenshot shown? In this tutorial, you may get the good solutions to solve this tedious task in Excel.
In Excel, you can subscript letters by applying Format Cells function.
1. Double click at the chemical formula cell you need, and then select one number that you want to subscript, see screenshot:
2. Then right click to select Format Cells from the displayed context menu, and in the Format Cells dialog, check Subscript under the Effects section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the selected number is subscripted.
To repeat above steps to subscript the discontinuous numbers one by one.
If you have multiple numbers needed to be subscripted in chemical formulas, the above method must waste time and tedious. But do not worry, Kutools for Excel’s Subscript Numbers in Chemical Formulas utility can quickly subscript all numbers in the selected cells.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Select the chemical formula cells, and then click Kutools > Text > Subscript Numbers in Chemical Formulas. See screenshot:
Then a dialog pops out to remind you the number of subscripted cells, just click OK to close it. And then you can see all the numbers in the chemical formulas are subscripted.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!