How to count the days excluding Sundays between two dates in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, you have two given dates, one is start date and the other is the end date, and the job is to count the days excluding Sundays between these two given dates, how can you quickly get it done in Excel?
Here I can introduce a formula for counting days excluding Sundays during a date range.
Select a blank cell, here is C2, and type this formula =B2-A2-INT((B2-A2-WEEKDAY(B2)+1)/7) into it, and then press Enter key, a date displayed.
Then keep the result selected, click Home tab, and go to the Number group to format the cell to General or Number in the Number Format drop-down list.
In the formula, A2 is the start date, and B2 is the end date, you can change them to your need.
If you want to count days excluding a specific weekday, for instance, counting the number of Fridays between two dates, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Count the number of specific weekday function to get it done.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a blank cell which you will place the counting result, and click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper. See screenshot:
2. In the Formulas Helper dialog, check Filter checkbox, then in the beiside textbox, type "count", you can see all utilities names contain count have been list in the Choose a formula section, choose Count the number of specific weekday, then in the Arguments input section, click to select the start date and end date into the Start Date and End Date textboxes, and type 6 into the textbox next to Weekday, if you want to count another weekday, you can refer to the Remark. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and the number of Fridays has been counted.
If you want to count the weekdays or weekends only between two dates, you can apply Number of working days between two dates or Number of non-working days between two dates function in Formulas Helper dialog.
- How to count the number of occurrences of a word in a column in Excel?
- How to add days to date including or excluding weekends and holidays in Excel?
- How to count/sum cells by colors with conditional formatting in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!