How to count the days excluding Sundays between two dates in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, you have two given dates, one is start date and the other is the end date, and the job is to count the days excluding Sundays between these two given dates, how can you quickly get it done in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Here I can introduce a formula for counting days excluding Sundays during a date range.
Select a blank cell, here is C2, and type this formula =B2-A2-INT((B2-A2-WEEKDAY(B2)+1)/7)-1 into it, and then press Enter key to get the number of days.
1. Before you applying the formula, make sure that the cell which you will place the counting result in has been formatted as number.
2. In the formula, A2 is the start date, and B2 is the end date, you can change them to your need.
If you want to count days excluding a specific weekday, for instance, counting the number of Fridays between two dates, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Count the number of specific weekday function to get it done.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a blank cell which you will place the counting result, and click Kutools > Formulas > Count the number of specific weekday. See screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog, click to select the start date and end date into the Start Date and End Date textboxes, and type 6 into the textbox next to Weekday, if you want to count another weekday, you can refer to the Remark. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and the number of Fridays has been counted.
If you want to count the weekdays or weekends only between two dates, you can apply Count Weekdays between two dates or Count Weekends between two dates function in Formula Helper dialog.
|If you are interested in this addi-in, click here to download the 60-days free trial.|
- How to count the number of occurrences of a word in a column in Excel?
- How to add days to date including or excluding weekends and holidays in Excel?
- How to count/sum cells by colors with conditional formatting in Excel?