How to always show arrow of data validation list in Excel?
In general, the arrow in data validation list only show while you click at the cell of drop down list, if not, the arrow is hide as below screenshot shown. Sometimes, you may forget the location of the drop down list without its arrow shown. In this article, I introduce a trick to always show the arrow of data validation list for you to quickly find and locate the drop down list in Excel.
You maybe interested in this:
Batch Insert Check Box/Option Button
|Do you still insert check boxes or option buttons one by one? With Kutools for Excel's Batch Insert Check Box and Batch Insert Option Button utilites, you can insert check boxes and option buttons in a range with one click.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
There is no directly way to show data validation list arrow all the time, here I introduce a roundabout way for you.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
1. Select the first cell right to the data validation list, here is D1, and click Insert > Symbol. See screenshot:
2. In the Symbol dialog, under Symbols tab, select Wingdings 3 from the Font drop down list, and select down arrow from the list section. See screenshot:
3. Click Insert and close the dialog, then the down array has been inserted in D1. Then resize D1 as same size as the arrow of data validation list. See screenshot:
4. Then go to format the symbol to a real arrow button. Select D1, and click Home > Fill color to select Gray 25/% Background 2 and then select White, Bacground1, Darker 50% from Font color list. See screenshot:
Now even when no clicking at the Data Validation list, the arrow is always showing.