How to drag or copy formula and lock the cell value in Excel?
Normally, when selecting a formula cell and dragging it down to fill the cells below, the cell references in the formula will be changed automatically. If you want to make the formula constant without changing with the cell, you need to convert the cell references to absolute. This article can help you.
For locking the cell reference of a single formula cell, the F4 key can help you easily.
Select the formula cell, click on one of the cell reference in the Formula Bar, and press the F4 key. Then the selected cell reference is locked.
Go ahead to lock the other cell references of current formula with the same step above.
The Convert Refers utility of Kutools for Excel can not only convert all cell references of a single cell to absolute at once, but also convert all cell references of a range of formula cells to absolute at once. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the formula cell (or a range of formula cells) which you need to lock the value, then click Kutools > More > Convert Refers. See screenshot:
2. In the Convert Formula References dialog box, select the To absolute option and then click the OK button.
Then values of selected formula cells are locked, and they won’t be changed with dragging or copying to another cells.
- How to lock all cell references in formulas at once in Excel?
- How to lock or protect cells after data entry or input in Excel?
- How to lock or unlock cells based on values in another cell in Excel?
- How to lock picture/image to or inside cell in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!