How to add mouse over tip to a certain shape in Excel?
In many cases, you need to assign macro to a certain shape so as to run the macro by clicking it in your worksheet. After assigning macro to the shape, adding mouse over tip can help to remind you what the shape does in future use. This article shows you two methods to add mouse over tip to a certain shape in Excel.
You can add hyperlink with ScreenTip to a certain shape in worksheet. Please do as follows.
1. Right click the shape you need to add mouse over tip, then click Hyperlink from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, click the ScreenTip button. And in the Set Hyperlink ScreenTip dialog box, enter the screen tip text you need to display while hovering over the shape by mouse. Finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. When it returns to the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, click the Bookmark button. Then enter A1 into the Type in the cell reference box of the Select Place in Document dialog box, and finally click the OK button.
4. Click the OK button in the Insert Hyperlink dialog box to finish the hyperlink creating.
Now you can see the screen tip displaying when hovering over the shape by mouse.
You can easily add mouse over tip to a certain shape after running the following VBA code.
1. Open the worksheet contains the shape you will display tip when moving mouse over. Right click the sheet tab and then click View Code from the context menu.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please copy the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA Code 1: Add mouse over tip to a certain shape
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) 'Updated by Extendoffice 2018/3/30 If Target.Address = Range("A1").Address Then Call MoveRow End If End Sub
3. Click Insert > Module. Then enter below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA Code 2: Add mouse over tip to a certain shape
Sub Text() 'Updated by Extendoffice 2018/3/30 Dim xShape As Shape Dim xRg As Range On Error Resume Next Application.EnableEvents = False Set xShape = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Rectangle 4") If Not xShape Is Nothing Then ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add xShape, "", "A1", ScreenTip:="Click to run Macro " End If If ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks(1).SubAddress = "A1" Then Call MoveRow End If Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. Then the specified screen tip is added to the certain shape immediately.
- How to auto change shape size based/dependent on specified cell value in Excel?
- How to fill a shape with transparent background color in Excel?
- How to hide or unhide a certain shape based on specified cell value in Excel?