- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoDear Anon,
Thank you for your comment. Your suggestion will be taking into consideration. And the article is now updated.
How to fill a shape with transparent background color in Excel?
Normally, the shape we inserted into worksheet was filled with no transparency background color. If you want to fill a certain shape with transparent background color, you can try the following method.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please do as follows to fill a shape with transparent background color in Excel.
1. Right click a shape you need to fill with transparent background color, then click Format Shape from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. If you are using Microsoft 2016 and 2013, the Format Shape pane will pop up on the right side in current worksheet, please expand the Fill options under the Fill & Line tab, keep the Solid fill option selected, specify a background color in the Color drop-down list as you need, then enter a transparent percentage into the Transparency box. And finally close the Format Shape pane. See screenshot:
And if you are using Microsoft 2010 and 2007, a Format Shape dialog box will pop up as below screenshot shown. Please select Fill in the left bar. In the right side of the dialog box, keep the Solid fill option selected, specify a background color in the Color drop-down list as you need, then enter a transparent percentage into the Transparency box. And finally close the dialog box.
You can see the specified shape is filled with transparent background color as below screenshot shown.
- How to add mouse over tip to a certain shape in Excel?
- How to auto change shape size based/dependent on specified cell value in Excel?
- How to hide or unhide a certain shape based on specified cell value in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoWould you please list applicable product versions on software articles? E.g., Excel 2003,2007,2010
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHow about putting a date at the top of your webpages so I can assess its applicability. Just because other dumbass sites do an inept job of showing article dates, doesn't mean that you should to. Be worth a darn instead of being a lame get-by-with-the-minimum-effort slacker.
By the way, on IE11 this page refuses to scroll from the mouse scroll wheel. It makes the page frustrating to navigate.