How to fill a shape with transparent background color in Excel?
Normally, the shape we inserted into worksheet was filled with no transparency background color. If you want to fill a certain shape with transparent background color, you can try the following method.
Please do as follows to fill a shape with transparent background color in Excel.
1. Right click a shape you need to fill with transparent background color, then click Format Shape from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. If you are using Microsoft 2016 and 2013, the Format Shape pane will pop up on the right side in current worksheet, please expand the Fill options under the Fill & Line tab, keep the Solid fill option selected, specify a background color in the Color drop-down list as you need, then enter a transparent percentage into the Transparency box. And finally close the Format Shape pane. See screenshot:
And if you are using Microsoft 2010 and 2007, a Format Shape dialog box will pop up as below screenshot shown. Please select Fill in the left bar. In the right side of the dialog box, keep the Solid fill option selected, specify a background color in the Color drop-down list as you need, then enter a transparent percentage into the Transparency box. And finally close the dialog box.
You can see the specified shape is filled with transparent background color as below screenshot shown.
- How to add mouse over tip to a certain shape in Excel?
- How to auto change shape size based/dependent on specified cell value in Excel?
- How to hide or unhide a certain shape based on specified cell value in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!