How to go back to previous active sheet cell after clicking hyperlink in Excel?
Many Excel users tend to create an index worksheet containing all sheet names with corresponding hyperlinks, so that they can just click on a hyperlink to shift to that worksheet directly. But after shifting to a certain worksheet by clicking the hyperlink, how could you go back to the previous active worksheet at once? This article will show you two methods to achieve it.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can use the Shortcut key F5 + Enter to quickly go back to previous active sheet cell after clicking hyperlink in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. After shifting to a certain cell or worksheet by clicking the hyperlink, you can press the F5 + Enter keys simultaneously to go back to the previous active sheet at once.
Besides the above Shortcut key, you can also go back to the previous active sheet after clicking hyperlink with the Back command in Excel.
1. Click File > Options to open the Excel Options dialog box.
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, you need to:
2.1 Click the Quick Access Toolbar in the left pane;
2.2 Select All Commands option in the Choose command from drop-down list;
2.3 Find and Select the Back command in the commands box;
2.4 Click the Add button to add the Back command to the right box;
2.5 Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the Back command button is added on the Quick Access Toolbar. After clicking a hyperlink to shift to a certain sheet, you can just click on the Back button to go back to the previous active sheet cell immediately.
- How to create dynamic hyperlink to another sheet in Excel?
- How to automatically link a cell color to another in Excel?
- How to check if hyperlink exists in a worksheet in Excel?