How to go back to previous active sheet cell after clicking hyperlink in Excel?
Many Excel users tend to create an index worksheet containing all sheet names with corresponding hyperlinks, so that they can just click on a hyperlink to shift to that worksheet directly. But after shifting to a certain worksheet by clicking the hyperlink, how could you go back to the previous active worksheet at once? This article will show you two methods to achieve it.
You can use the Shortcut key F5 + Enter to quickly go back to previous active sheet cell after clicking hyperlink in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. After shifting to a certain cell or worksheet by clicking the hyperlink, you can press the F5 + Enter keys simultaneously to go back to the previous active sheet at once.
Besides the above Shortcut key, you can also go back to the previous active sheet after clicking hyperlink with the Back command in Excel.
1. Click File > Options to open the Excel Options dialog box.
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, you need to:
2.1 Click the Quick Access Toolbar in the left pane;
2.2 Select All Commands option in the Choose command from drop-down list;
2.3 Find and Select the Back command in the commands box;
2.4 Click the Add button to add the Back command to the right box;
2.5 Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the Back command button is added on the Quick Access Toolbar. After clicking a hyperlink to shift to a certain sheet, you can just click on the Back button to go back to the previous active sheet cell immediately.
- How to create dynamic hyperlink to another sheet in Excel?
- How to automatically link a cell color to another in Excel?
- How to check if hyperlink exists in a worksheet in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!