To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi David,
In my case, the code only copy the borders into the target cells. Can you tell me your Excel version? Thank you for your comment.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoHello crystal,
I know this is over a year later, but due to a rehosting of my e-mail system, your question rose to the top of my inbox.
My Excel version is 2016 16.0.4993.1001 as reported by Account>About
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoHi David,
Glad to receive your reply. I have tested the code in my Excel 2016, but it still copy the border only. Do you mind sending a copy of your data to email@example.com? Sorry for the inconvenience.
How to copy only borders of selected range in Excel?
While using Microsoft Excel, it is easy to copy only cell values, cell formatting, cell formulas and so on from a range with the Paste Special function. But have you ever tried to copy only border style from a range in Excel? This article will show you method of copying only borders of selected range to a new range in Excel.
The following VBA code can help you only copy the border style of selected cells, and then apply this border style to a new range in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module, and then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Copy only borders of selected range in Excel
Sub CopyBorders() Dim xRg As Range ActiveWorkbook.Styles("Normal").IncludeBorder = False On Error Resume Next Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select Range with Borders to Copy...", "Kutools For Excel", , , , , , 8) With Application.InputBox("Select Cell to Apply Borders to range..", "Kutools For Excel", , , , , , 8) xRg.Copy .PasteSpecial -4122 .Resize(xRg.Rows.Count, xRg.Columns.Count).Style = "Normal" End With ActiveWorkbook.Styles("Normal").IncludeBorder = True End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. In the first popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, please select the range with borders you need to copy, and then click the OK button.
4. In the second Kutools for Excel dialog box, please select a cell to apply the copied border, then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see only the border style of selected range is copied and applied to a new range as below screenshot shown.
- How to copy and paste values skipping duplicates in Excel?
- How to copy cells data with row height and column width in Excel?
- How to copy cell as text value not formula in Excel?
- How to copy data to next empty row of another worksheet in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThe code also copied my numeric formats and overwrote those in the target cells. Perhaps I did something wrong?