How to copy and paste values skipping duplicates in Excel?
Supposing you have a column mixed with duplicate and unique values as below screenshot shown, how to copy only the unique values without duplicates, and paste them to a new range in Excel? This article can help you to solve this problem.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can use the Advanced Filter function to copy and paste values skip duplicates in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the column range you need to copy and paste values skipping duplicates, and click Data > Filter. Then click the Advanced button as below screenshot shown.
2. In the Advanced Filter dialog box, select the Copy to another location option in the Action section, select a cell to place the unique values in the Copy to box, check the Unique records only box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see only unique values are copied and pasted from selected range to specified new range immediately.
You can also apply the below array formula to extract only the unique values from a specified column range in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell to place the first unique value, then enter formula =INDEX($A$2:$A$10, MATCH(0, COUNTIF($C$1:C1, $A$2:$A$10), 0)) into the Formula Bar and then press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys simultaneously to get the first unique value.
1). In the array formula, $A$2:$A$10 is the range where you will copy unique values from.
2). $C$1:C1 is the cell above the formula cell.
2. Keep selecting cell C2, then drag its Fill Handle down to get all unique values until errors are displayed. See screenshot:
This section will recommend the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can easily select all values skipping duplicates in a certain range, and then copy and paste all unique values to anywhere as you need. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range you need to get only the unique values, then click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, select the All unique (Including 1st duplicates) option in the Rule section, and then click the OK button. Then the second Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box pops up to tell you how many unique cells are selected, please click the OK button. See screenshot:
1. Besides unique values, you can also select duplicate values with this utility;
2. If you need to highlight all unique or duplicates values in selected range, please check the Fill backcolor or Fill font color box.
3. Now all values skipping duplicates in specified range are selected. Please copy them by pressing Ctrl + C keys, and then paste to a new range with Ctrl + V shortcut.
- How to copy only borders of selected range in Excel?
- How to copy cells data with row height and column width in Excel?
- How to copy cell as text value not formula in Excel?
- How to copy data to next empty row of another worksheet in Excel?