How to copy and paste values skipping duplicates in Excel?
Supposing you have a column mixed with duplicate and unique values as below screenshot shown, how to copy only the unique values without duplicates, and paste them to a new range in Excel? This article can help you to solve this problem.
You can use the Advanced Filter function to copy and paste values skip duplicates in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the column range you need to copy and paste values skipping duplicates, and click Data > Filter. Then click the Advanced button as below screenshot shown.
2. In the Advanced Filter dialog box, select the Copy to another location option in the Action section, select a cell to place the unique values in the Copy to box, check the Unique records only box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see only unique values are copied and pasted from selected range to specified new range immediately.
You can also apply the below array formula to extract only the unique values from a specified column range in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell to place the first unique value, enter the below formula intoit and then press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys simultaneously.
2. Keep selecting cell C2, then drag its Fill Handle down to get all unique values until errors are displayed. See screenshot:
This section will recommend the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can easily select all values skipping duplicates in a certain range, and then copy and paste all unique values to anywhere as you need. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range you need to get only the unique values, then click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, select the All unique (Including 1st duplicates) option in the Rule section, and then click the OK button. Then the second Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box pops up to tell you how many unique cells are selected, please click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now all values skipping duplicates in specified range are selected. Please copy them by pressing Ctrl + C keys, and then paste to a new range with Ctrl + V shortcut.
- How to copy only borders of selected range in Excel?
- How to copy cells data with row height and column width in Excel?
- How to copy cell as text value not formula in Excel?
- How to copy data to next empty row of another worksheet in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 12 days agohello, is this is fantastic. is there a way of bringing the data through in alphabetical order at the same time without have to sort data separately ?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoYou are purposely giving wrong equations so that users cannot get around the problem, by using the existing Excel tools.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agopress ctrl+shift+enter