How to add custom button to the right click/context menu in Excel?
As below screenshots shown, many people tend to add their frequently-used functions to Excel’s right click menu in order to quickly use these functions with just one click in the future. This article is talking about adding custom code button to the right click menu in Excel.
Supposing you have created a VBA script named MyMacro in your Excel, and now you need to add this function to the context menu for running the code just by clicking it. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisWorkbook in the left Project pane. And then copy and paste the below VBA code into the ThisWorkbook (Code) window.
VBA code: Add custom button to the context menu in Excel
Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() On Error Resume Next With Application .CommandBars("Cell").Controls("MyMacro").Delete End With On Error GoTo 0 End Sub Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeRightClick(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Dim cmdBtn As CommandBarButton On Error Resume Next With Application .CommandBars("Cell").Controls("MyMacro").Delete Set cmdBtn = .CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add(Temporary:=True) End With With cmdBtn .Caption = "MyMacro" .Style = msoButtonCaption .OnAction = "MyMacro" End With On Error GoTo 0 End Sub
Note: In the code, please replace all “MyMacro” with the Macro name you have created in your Excel.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Now you return to the Excel interface, after right-clicking on a cell, you will see the new button with the specified name is added into the right-clicking menu as below screenshot shown. Click the button will trigger the corresponding Macro immediately.
- How to insert a blank new row automatically by Command Button in Excel?
- How to use Command Button to save active worksheet as PDF file in Excel?
- How to save and close active workbook without prompt by a Command Button in Excel?
- How to update or insert (current) date and time by a Command Button in Excel?
- How to disable button after clicking once in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!