How to save and close active workbook without prompt by a Command Button in Excel?
Are you fed up with the saving prompt when closing a workbook? Actually, you can save and close an active workbook without any prompt by just clicking on a Command Button. Please try the method in this tutorial.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please do as follows to save and close an active workbook without prompt by a Command Button in Excel.
1. Click Developer > Insert > Command Button (ActiveX Control), then draw a Command Button in your worksheet. See screenshot:
2. Right click the Command Button, and click View Code from the right-clicking menu.
3. Then the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window pops up, please replace the original code in the Code window with below VBA script.
VBA code: Save and close workbook by Command Button
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.Quit ThisWorkbook.Save End Sub
Note: In the code, CommandButton1 is the name of your inserted Command Button.
4. Press Alt + Q keys simultaneously to quit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
5. Turn off the Design Mode under the Developer tab.
From now on, when clicking the Command Button, the active workbook will be saved and closed automatically without prompt.
- How to always floating a Command Button on worksheet in Excel?
- How to update or insert (current) date and time by a Command Button in Excel?
- How to use a Command Button to change a specified cell value in Excel?
- How to create a Command Button to copy and paste data in Excel?
- How to use Command Button to save active worksheet as PDF file in Excel?
- How to insert a blank new row automatically by Command Button in Excel?
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoText indicates Save & Close; however VBA code does a Quit Application & Save...very different process than described.