How to save and close active workbook without prompt by a Command Button in Excel?
Are you fed up with the saving prompt when closing a workbook? Actually, you can save and close an active workbook without any prompt by just clicking on a Command Button. Please try the method in this tutorial.
Please do as follows to save and close an active workbook without prompt by a Command Button in Excel.
1. Click Developer > Insert > Command Button (ActiveX Control), then draw a Command Button in your worksheet. See screenshot:
2. Right click the Command Button, and click View Code from the right-clicking menu.
3. Then the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window pops up, please replace the original code in the Code window with below VBA script.
VBA code: Save and close workbook by Command Button
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.Quit ThisWorkbook.Save End Sub
Note: In the code, CommandButton1 is the name of your inserted Command Button.
4. Press Alt + Q keys simultaneously to quit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
5. Turn off the Design Mode under the Developer tab.
From now on, when clicking the Command Button, the active workbook will be saved and closed automatically without prompt.
- How to always floating a Command Button on worksheet in Excel?
- How to update or insert (current) date and time by a Command Button in Excel?
- How to use a Command Button to change a specified cell value in Excel?
- How to create a Command Button to copy and paste data in Excel?
- How to use Command Button to save active worksheet as PDF file in Excel?
- How to insert a blank new row automatically by Command Button in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!