How to make the background color of checkbox transparent in Excel?
Normally, when inserting checkboxes (ActiveX Control) in cells in Excel, the checkbox background color will cover the fill color of the worksheet as below screenshot. For displaying the whole background color of the worksheet, you need to change the checkbox’s background color to be transparent. And this article will provide a VBA method to solve this problem.
Please do as follows to make the background color of checkboxes transparent with VBA code.
1. In the worksheet contains the checkboxes you need to make them transparent, press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Make the background color of checkboxes transparent
Sub CheckBoxTransparent() Dim xOleChk As OLEObject Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xOleChk In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects If TypeName(xOleChk.Object) = "CheckBox" Then xOleChk.Object.BackStyle = fmBackStyleTransparent End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press the F5 key or click the Run button to run the code. Then all checkboxes in current worksheet become transparent. See screenshot:
- How to filter data based on checkbox in Excel?
- How to create a drop down list with multiple checkboxes in Excel?
- How to change a specified cell value or color when checkbox is checked in Excel?
- How to highlight cell or row with checkbox in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!