How to clear contents of textbox when clicked in Excel?
Normally, for clearing old contents of a textbox (ActiveX Control), you have to get into the textbox, select the whole contents and then press the Backspace or Delete key. How to clear all contents quickly in a textbox? This article will show you a VBA method to quickly clear contents of a textbox when just double clicking on it.
The following VBA code can help you quickly clear contents of a textbox when double-clicking on it. Please do as follows.
1. If a textbox has already existed in the worksheet, please turn on the Design Mode by clicking Developer > Design Mode. See screenshot:
Or you can also insert a textbox by clicking Developer > Insert > Text Box (ActiveX Control). See screenshot:
2. Right-click the textbox and click View Code from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please replace the original VBA code in the Code window with below VBA code.
VBA code: Clear contents of a textbox when double-clicking on it
Private Sub TextBox1_DblClick(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) If Not iGblInhibitTextBoxEvents Then TextBox1.Value = "" End If End Sub
Note: In the code, TextBox1 is the name of the textbox you will clear contents from. Please change it to your own.
4. Press the Alt + Q keys to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
5. Turn off the Design Mode.
From now on, when double-clicking a textbox, its contents will be cleared immediately.
- How to auto select text of a textbox when it is selected in Excel?
- How to autocomplete a textbox when typing in Excel?
- How to concatenate texts of multiple cells into a textbox in Excel?
- How to disable editing in textbox to prevent user inputting in Excel?
- How to format a textbox as a percentage in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!