How to clear contents of textbox when clicked in Excel?
Normally, for clearing old contents of a textbox (ActiveX Control), you have to get into the textbox, select the whole contents and then press the Backspace or Delete key. How to clear all contents quickly in a textbox? This article will show you a VBA method to quickly clear contents of a textbox when just double clicking on it.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following VBA code can help you quickly clear contents of a textbox when double-clicking on it. Please do as follows.
1. If a textbox has already existed in the worksheet, please turn on the Design Mode by clicking Developer > Design Mode. See screenshot:
Or you can also insert a textbox by clicking Developer > Insert > Text Box (ActiveX Control). See screenshot:
2. Right-click the textbox and click View Code from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please replace the original VBA code in the Code window with below VBA code.
VBA code: Clear contents of a textbox when double-clicking on it
Private Sub TextBox1_DblClick(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) If Not iGblInhibitTextBoxEvents Then TextBox1.Value = "" End If End Sub
Note: In the code, TextBox1 is the name of the textbox you will clear contents from. Please change it to your own.
4. Press the Alt + Q keys to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
5. Turn off the Design Mode.
From now on, when double-clicking a textbox, its contents will be cleared immediately.
- How to auto select text of a textbox when it is selected in Excel?
- How to autocomplete a textbox when typing in Excel?
- How to concatenate texts of multiple cells into a textbox in Excel?
- How to disable editing in textbox to prevent user inputting in Excel?
- How to format a textbox as a percentage in Excel?