How to copy chart with text boxes in Excel?
In some cases, you may insert text boxes into a chart for doing some reminders as below screenshot shown. When copying this chart to another worksheet or a new place, you may notice that the added text boxes disappear from the chart. How to copy chart with added text boxes together in Excel? This article will show you solutions to achieve it.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
The following method can help you copy chart with text boxes in Excel.
1. Before inserting a text box, please click to select the chart firstly.
2. After selecting the chart, you can now insert text box by clicking Insert > Text Box.
3. Then draw the text box on the chart.
Note: Repeat the step 2 until needed text boxes are added to the chart.
Now every time you copy and paste the chart, the chart with added text boxes will be pasted together into a new place.
If you have already added text boxes on the chart without selecting the chart in advance. Please try this method.
1. Hold down the Shift key, and then select the chart and text boxes one by one in your worksheet.
2. After selecting the chart and text boxes, right-click any place in the chart, and then click Group > Group from the context menu. See screenshot:
From now on, when copying the chart, all text boxes displaying on the chart will be copied at the same time.
- How to format a textbox as currency in Excel?
- How to auto select text of a textbox when it is selected in Excel?
- How to autocomplete a textbox when typing in Excel?
- How to concatenate texts of multiple cells into a textbox in Excel?
- How to disable editing in textbox to prevent user inputting in Excel?