How to format a textbox as currency in Excel?
Normally, there is no built-in function in Excel for you to change the text format in a textbox (ActiveX Control). However, if you need to format numbers you have entered into the textbox to currency for some purpose. How can you do to achieve it? This article will show you a VBA method to solve this problem.
The below VBA code can help you easily format numbers in the textbox as currency in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Click Developer > Insert > Text Box (ActiveX Control) to insert a textbox into worksheet. See screenshot:
2. Right-click the textbox, then click View Code from the right-clicking menu.
3. In the opening Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please replace the original code in the Code window with below VBA code.
VBA code: format textbox as currency in Excel
Private Sub TextBox1_Change() TextBox1.Value = Format(TextBox1.Value, "$###,##") End Sub
Note: In the code, TextBox1 is the name of the textbox you will format numbers inside as currency. Please change it to your own.
4. Press the Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
5. Turn off the Design Mode.
From now on, when entering a number into the textbox, it will be automatically formatted as currency as below screenshot shown.
- How to auto select text of a textbox when it is selected in Excel?
- How to autocomplete a textbox when typing in Excel?
- How to format a textbox as a percentage in Excel?
- How to concatenate texts of multiple cells into a textbox in Excel?
- How to disable editing in textbox to prevent user inputting in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!