How to set tab order to textboxes in Excel?
Supposing you have inserted multiple textboxes (ActiveX Control) in your worksheet. Normally, when finishing editing a textbox, you have to move the cursor inside the other textbox and click to activate it for entering content. However, this method seems tedious for multiple textboxes. Is there any way to easily shift among textboxes only with a hotkey? Actually, the Tab key can help you. This method will show you a method to set tab order to textboxes in details.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
Please apply the below VBA code to set tab order to textboxes in Excel.
1. Please select the worksheet contains multiple textboxes you need to set tab order for. Right-click the sheet tab and select View Code from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please copy and paste below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Set tab order to textboxes in Excel
Private Sub TextBox1_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal Shift As Integer) If KeyCode = vbKeyTab Then TextBox2.Activate End If End Sub Private Sub TextBox2_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal Shift As Integer) If KeyCode = vbKeyTab Then TextBox3.Activate End If End Sub Private Sub TextBox3_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal Shift As Integer) If KeyCode = vbKeyTab Then TextBox1.Activate End If End Sub
Note: In the code, TextBox1, TextBox2, and TextBox3 are the textboxes you will set tab order to. Please change them as you need.
4. Press the Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
From now on, when editing in textbox1 and press the Tab key, the cursor will move to textbox2 immediately. And press the Tab key in textbox2 will move the cursor to textbox3.
- How To Set Tab Order Of Cells Or Unlocked Cells In Excel?
- How to auto select text of a textbox when it is selected in Excel?
- How to autocomplete a textbox when typing in Excel?
- How to concatenate texts of multiple cells into a textbox in Excel?
- How to disable editing in textbox to prevent user inputting in Excel?