How to add a character before each word in a cell in Excel?
This article will show you a formula to add a specified character before each word in a cell in Excel.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
Please do as follows to add one or some characters before each word in a cell in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell, enter formula ="Character"&SUBSTITUTE(Cell Reference," "," Character") into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.
In this case, I need to add word “Kutools-” before each word in cell A2, so I change the formula to ="Kutools-"&SUBSTITUTE(A2," "," Kutools-") in the formula bar. See screenshot:
2. Keep selecting the first result cell, then drag the Fill Handle down to get all result as below screenshot shown.
Note: In the above formula, if your text strings are separated by other delimiters, please replace the comma within the formula with the specific delimiter of your own.
- How to add comma at end of cell/text in Excel?
- How to add space between characters or every digit in Excel?
- How to add 1 to a specified cell if cell contains certain text in Excel?