How to hide or unhide specified rows or columns when double-clicking a cell in Excel?
Normally, rows and columns can be hidden or displayed by right-clicking and selecting the Hide or Unhide option from the context menu. In this article, we are talking about quickly hiding or displaying specified rows or columns by double-clicking a cell in Excel.
The following VBA codes can help you quickly hide or unhide specified rows or columns in a worksheet by double-clicking a certain cell. Please do as follows.
1. Open the worksheet you want to hide rows or columns inside. Right-click the sheet tab and then click View Code from the context menu.
2. In the opening Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please copy following VBA code into the Code window.
VBA: Hide/unhide specified rows by double-clicking cells in worksheet:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) 'Updateby20171226 Dim xRgHidden As Range If (Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A4")) Is Nothing) And (Target.Count = 1) Then Set xRgHidden = Range("10:13") xRgHidden.EntireRow.Hidden = Not xRgHidden.EntireRow.Hidden End If End Sub
VBA: Hide/unhide specified columns by double-clicking cells in worksheet:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) 'Updateby20171226 Dim xRgHidden As Range If (Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A4")) Is Nothing) And (Target.Count = 1) Then Set xRgHidden = Range("D:E") xRgHidden.EntireColumn.Hidden = Not xRgHidden.EntireColumn.Hidden End If End Sub
Note: In the code, A1:A4, 10:13 and D:E indicate that when double-clicking on any cell of the range A1:A4, the row 10:13 or column D:E will be hidden automatically.
3. Press the Alt + F11 keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
From now on, when double clicking any cell in range A1:A4, row 10:13 or column D:E will be hidden automatically. And double clicking the cell again to display all hidden rows or columns immediately.
- How to click or double click cell to open a specified user form in Excel?
- How to add check mark in a cell with double clicking in Excel?
- How to auto add/enter current date/time in a cell with double clicking in Excel?
- How to double click a cell and add 1 to that cell value in Excel?
- How to pop up a calendar when clicking a specific cell in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!