How to protect worksheet from viewing in Excel?
This article is talking about protecting worksheet from other users viewing in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please do as follows to protect a specific worksheet from viewing in Excel.
1. Open the worksheet you want to protect from viewing, right click the sheet tab and select Hide from the context menu to hide the worksheet. See screenshot:
2. Click Review > Protect Workbook.
3. In the Protect Structure and Windows dialog box, enter a password into the Password textbox, keep the Structure box selected and then click the OK button. Then confirm the password in the Confirm Password dialog box. See screenshot:
Now the specific worksheet is protected for viewing in the workbook.
- How to use drop down list in a protected worksheet in Excel?
- How to lock specified cells without protecting the whole worksheet in Excel?
- How to hide formula but display the result without protecting worksheet in Excel?