How to show or unhide the hidden workbooks in Excel?
Sometimes, you may hide some unwanted workbooks, but if you want to use them, how could you display them as soon as possible? This article explains how to unhide the hidden workbook windows in Excel step by step.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
1. In Excel, click the View tab, then click Unhide in the Window group. See screenshot:
2. If there is only one hidden workbook, after clicking the Unhide command, the hidden workbook will show up. If there are multiple hidden workbooks, you will find them all listing in the Unhide dialog box after clicking the Unhide button in step 1. Select the workbook and click the OK button to display it. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to display all hidden workbooks, you must repeat the above operations.
As Excel does not support you with one option to unhide all the hidden workbooks in bulk, you can try the Unhide All Windows utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can show all hidden windows at the same time quickly.
Click Kutools > Show / Hide > Unhide All Hidden Windows, see screenshot:
Now all hidden workbook windows are displayed.
Note: The number displaying after the function indicates the total number of hidden workbooks in your Excel. If there is no hidden workbook, the function will turns gray and cannot be clicked.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
- Hide other sheets
- Unhide all hidden sheets
- Hide other workbooks
- Show hidden ranges (columns and rows)
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you sooo much!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoSir,
I want to unhide text in a cell of excel sheet of windows 2007 . The value of a cell is conditionally format
& I want to unhide it. Pl. reply me.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThank you so much! I inadvertantly hide an important spreadsheet and did not know how to get it back!