How to show or unhide the hidden workbooks in Excel?
Sometimes, you may hide some unwanted workbooks, but if you want to use them, how could you display them as soon as possible? This article explains how to unhide the hidden workbook windows in Excel step by step.
1. In Excel, click the View tab, then click Unhide in the Window group. See screenshot:
2. If there is only one hidden workbook, after clicking the Unhide command, the hidden workbook will show up. If there are multiple hidden workbooks, you will find them all listing in the Unhide dialog box after clicking the Unhide button in step 1. Select the workbook and click the OK button to display it. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to display all hidden workbooks, you must repeat the above operations.
As Excel does not support you with one option to unhide all the hidden workbooks in bulk, you can try the Unhide All Windows utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can show all hidden windows at the same time quickly.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
Click Kutools > Show & Hide > Unhide All Hidden Windows, see screenshot:
Now all hidden workbook windows are displayed.
Note: The number displaying after the function indicates the total number of hidden workbooks in your Excel. If there is no hidden workbook, the function will turns gray and cannot be clicked.
- Hide other sheets
- Unhide all hidden sheets
- Hide other workbooks
- Show hidden ranges (columns and rows)
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you sooo much!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoSir,
I want to unhide text in a cell of excel sheet of windows 2007 . The value of a cell is conditionally format
& I want to unhide it. Pl. reply me.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoThank you so much! I inadvertantly hide an important spreadsheet and did not know how to get it back!